Monday, February 6, 2012

It's the Little Things

I came across this quote the other day:


"I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish small tasks as if they were great and noble." 

- Helen Keller 





Uh, why, Thank You, Universe!  Message received, loud and clear!


It has been entirely too long since my last whining session post.  That time has passed with holidays, too much effort spent on daily mundane necessities, lots of exploration of ideas, a few weekend get-aways, some lovely celebrations with new friends, and - I'm embarrassed to admit - continued evaluation of what I want to be when I grow up.


Some opportunities came, some went, some were pushed out the window.


Long-story-short, I am truly no closer to finding that elusive calling I so desperately seek.  I continue to listen for that quiet little voice that sometimes whispers of just the hint of possibility of the greatness that may come.


And, do you know what I remembered (once again)??  


I have many opportunities to be great staring me in the face, every single day of my life...And, I ain't doing such a great job at any of 'em!  (Read with a drawl-ed sarcasm!)  


Yes, I have three wee ones who, despite my outsourced role, depend on me to be their human Google, roadside assistance, chef, chauffeur, teacher, referee and run to the door with outstretched arms each time I come home; I have a husband who wishes I could find that damn calling so I'd shut up about it and get back to being happy (read with endearing understanding of his intentions); I have family whom I miss dearly but am often too tired to call every time I think of telling them something; and I have friends literally around the world that I am very inconsistent about keeping up with even though hearing their voices would bring me such energy.


So, today's lesson??


Try to do a better job at what I do have right now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment